Supplied by Campbeltown Community Business Ltd
The Picture House, known locally as The Wee Pictures, was designed by the architect Albert Gardner, a student of architecture at Glasgow School of Art from 1901 to 1905. It opened in May 1913, and aside from a short hiatus in the 1980s, has been used continuously as a cinema since. In November 2017, the National Library of Scotland announced that Campbeltown Community Business Ltd were donating the historical archive relating to the Picture House to the Library's Moving Image Archive. In 2016, a £2.5 million restoration was undertaken. As a result of the restoration there are now two auditoriums, one of 192 seats, the other with 53 seats. There is a new foyer, café, gallery and education space.
Area of Operation
Mid Argyll & Kintyre
26 Hall Street,Campbeltown,PA28 6BU